Our geography graduate program offers individually arranged, research-based MA and PhD degrees.
Students who enter the geography graduate program at UH Mānoa participate in world-class academic and applied geographic research under the guidance of our energetic faculty. Geography graduates are well situated to begin exciting careers in public and private sectors, and in higher education environments.
Applying to Graduate Study
Prospective MA or PhD students are encouraged to familiarize themselves our faculty. We welcome applications from individuals whose academic interests match our expertise.
- The deadline for Fall 2019 applications is January 15, 2019.
1) Complete Online Graduate Application
Prospective MA and PhD students must complete the online application as provided by the UH Mānoa Graduate Division. All questions concerning this application and associated requirements should be directed to Graduate Division. Please note that GRE exam results are required and that there is an associated application fee.
2) Upload Supplemental Documents
Prospective students should prepare to submit the following documents, if applicable, through the Graduate Division Upload System:
- Statement of Objectives: 1-2 pages describing research goals, relevant experience, and future plans.
- Writing sample: Required for PhD. Optional for MA.
- Three recommendation letters (academic preferred).