Our graduate studies program offers individually arranged, research-based MA and PhD degrees.
Graduate students participate in world-class academic and applied geographic research under the guidance of our energetic faculty. Graduates are well situated to begin exciting careers in public and private sectors, and in higher education environments.
Applying to Graduate Study
Prospective MA or PhD students are encouraged to familiarize themselves our faculty. We welcome applications from individuals whose academic interests match our expertise.
- The deadline for Fall 2018 applications is January 15, 2018.
1) Complete Online Graduate Application
Prospective MA and PhD students must complete the online application as provided by the Office of Graduate Education (OGE). All questions concerning this application and associated requirements should be directed to OGE. Please note that GRE exam results are required, and that there is an associated application fee.
2) Upload Supplemental Documents
Prospective students should prepare to submit the following documents, if applicable, through the OGE Upload System:
- Statement of Objectives: 1-2 pages describing research goals, relevant experience, and future plans.
- Writing sample: Required for PhD. Optional for MA.
- Three recommendation letters (academic preferred).